RSL have provided a dimensional control service to the Oil & Gas industry since 1974, both onshore & offshore in the construction of jackets & topside facilities. Dimensional control is a strategic process in the Oil & Gas fabrication industry. The process involves acquiring accurate dimensional data that is spatially referenced to a known benchmark. Dimensional control can play a major part in eliminating the need for rework and can ensure that project tolerances are maintained and all components are built accurately on time and within budget.
Our Dimensional control teams work closely with your project engineering and fabrication teams in order to guarantee a “fit first time”.
Our Dimensional control service has been developed to encompass survey work on online tanks, columns, vessels etc. for modification and replacement in the chemical production sector.
At RSL we use the latest survey technology from Leica Geosystems with both standard and submillimetre total stations. We use specific mathematical dimensional control software, graphical programs and AutoCAD to produce detailed survey reports.
Dimensional control services suitable for application in:
- Industrial measurement
- Replacement pipe-work
- Clash checking
- Mining surveys
- Alignment surveys
- Structural steel surveys
- Drill rig alignments
- Structural monitoring
- Fabrication surveys
- Ship repair/building
Dimensional control applications:
- Ship repair/ build involving hull alignment surveys
- Fabrication surveys for steelwork and pipe work surveys
- Alignment surveys to help align towers and platforms
- Specialist equipment surveys involving the survey of drill equipment and production lines
- Clash surveys for the replacement of components or installation of new equipment
Key project benefits from implementing Dimensional Control management include:
- Reduced field survey time, design and shutdown times
- Guaranteed fit of pre-fabricated items
- Elimination of double handling of components
- Availability of archived data
- Elimination of re-design during installation